Thursday, July 26, 2007

For Perron: It's Better Than Squirrel

Now, i'm not making fun or trying to make light of the situation, but you have to admit, it's kind of funny ...

Volunteering on the Salvation Army Truck tonite and had a man come up to the window who was unfortunately high on something other than life ...

man: "i'll take a double latte"
me: "haha" *realizes he is serious* "ummm"
man: "oh sorry, i'll take a hot chocolate"
me: "would you like a muffin? blueberry or apple?"
man: "ah blueberry ... blueberry, cheesecake swirl"
me: "here you go!" *hands him a regular blueberry muffin!*
man: *wraps muffin in a paper plate and stuffs it into his backpack,* mumbling, "ahh, save this for the wife and kids ... it's better than squirrel"

I love my time on the truck ... meeting great people (on and off the truck). Plus experiencing London beyond the walls of univeristy life is really important to me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story. mmm....BBQ squirrel. That's on the menu for this weekend too.

Margie said...

smushed muffin or squirrel...
tough decision!!!

NathanColquhoun said...

looking forward very much to this blog and where it will go.

miranda said...

Jen, you said it was sausage!!!?

Margie, how about a smushed squirrel chip muffin!?

Nathan, thanks!! I wanna come see you in Sarnia soooooon!