Tuesday, October 9, 2007

This is my brain on music

I love music!

I used to frequent concerts often ... until i had an epiphany during and $80 concert for Justin and Christina where i spent the entire time watching the giant tv screen as opposed to the little ants on the stage waaaaaaaaaay down there! I vowed to cut back since then!

My favourite concert, hands down, has been for the counting crows. $20, front row. incredible.

This last week i saw some more live music.

First stop, $3, Justin Nozuka. I kind of love him. He's kind of 19. eeeeek. he just has some MAD guitar skills and i love watching him perform because he gets so into his music.
For your viewing pleasure ...

Justin unplugged his guitar and took it into the audience .... just him and his guitar! awesome!


Yup, that's Justin signing my splint! HAHA!

Wanna see some video's!? Check him out!

Next stop, Tegan and Sara ... 20 bucks but general admission, so it was a small venue and we were close! They are awesome!! Canadian twins on guitar ... crazy harmony and a variety of songs.


Check them out too!

Where will i go next!? Dunno! But in the meantime, i've ordered a book from chapters, "This is your brain on music." Anyone read it? I'm excited to get started ...

4 comments:

Margie said...

I could give you a concert, or Lucas loves to sing...

You could sing harmony with me...

Oh the possibilities!!!

Martin said...

do you listen to don ross? he is an amazing guitar player.. just instrumental it's fantastic! midnight march is a super pretty song! check him out he's got videos on youtube!

Margie said...

or we could form a choir...

ohhhh how fun!!!

miranda said...

I love Lucas' concerts. Truly.
And we will sing together one day my love.

Martin, checked out don! Amazing! Led me to a series of links to incredible guitarists ... i guess i have a long way to go.