Monday, September 24, 2007

Traffic

Traffic makes me happy. It really does. Not busy traffic, but the flow and organization of it all. I love the way people work together and obey the rules of the road. Now of course, there are those people who are rude and dangerous, but for the most part, we all follow the rules of the road and people get where they want to be even with thousands of cars on the road.

I've thought about this before, but was reminded today as i was driving along Sarnia Road ... at one point, it narrows and curves sharply over an old one-lane bridge. There is a small sign that reads, "please alternate." so there was a short line up on each side of the bridge, and one by one, each car from alternating sides took their turn along the shadey bridge. I mean sure, there was one car that tailgated the car in front of him to bud his turn, but for the most part, it was a beautiful synchronization of strangers, and it made me smile.

2 comments:

Rachel Pede said...

I just discovered this! How did I not know?
Weird.
Anyway, I was just going to yell at you for being in Sarnia and not visiting, when I realized that Sarnia Rd. is in London. Not Sarnia.
And we have London Rd here, in Sarnia.
Dumb.

miranda said...

Haha!! Not dumb!

I would most definitely stop by if i was in the S-dot!

Miss you!