Sunday, September 9, 2007

miRANDOM!

1. I bought deli meat for the first time today (part of my mission to force meat on myself!) - and asked for 100 KILOgrams of black forest ham! i was the laughing stock of the superstore!

2. I hate full serve gas stations ... i feel totally unconfortable with the whole situation. I avoid them at all costs, but some cities (coughsarniacough) have them everywhere. I get all flustered and awkward, "mame, can you turn off your engine please" "oh right, er, sorry." For example, last time i was there, this is what happens:
  • the stations empty and for some reason i pull into the furthest pump from the gas booth.
  • he has to ask me to open my gas tank
  • i say $20 please cause i thought i had the cash, turns out i didn't so had to pay with visa - why not just get him to fill it up - wasted his efforts to get it right on 20 - then he has to jog ALL the way over to his booth to ring up the visa
It's only 3 things i guess, but for a 5 minute interaction, thats pretty rough and horribly awkward!

3. some of you may know that since the age of 21, i have been having grey hairs, by now at the wise age of 23 i have LOADS of grey hair. Today, i discovered something new ... a grey hair on my FOREARM!! Pluck that!

4. you know what's actually not tasty ... coffee-mate straight from the package. (it was a triple dog dare! i couldn't back down!)

5. First day of school tomorrow - i'm procrastinating - have 2 articles i have to read and reflect on!

4 comments:

Jaci said...

Hope the first day of school went well!

Perron said...

I have the coffee mate picture to prove it.

Margie said...

Miranda remember when your head is saying no this is not going to be a good idea... it is not a good idea.

The sad thing is I could have told you what it tasts like... yes I too ahve not always listened to my head...

miranda said...

School was good, thanks Jaci! Nice to see everyone again, but i am right back in my procrastinating rut! (or glory!?)

Perron - send the photo to me!!

Here's the thing Margie, my head NEVER says no ... my head is what told me it would be funny to try said coffee mate! And you've done it too!? we have to discuss! ...