Thursday, August 23, 2007

Poor Guy ...

Some of you may know that i work as a Special Needs Worker. I love my job. It entails a variety of job descriptions. With some of my kids, we do academic work, or we go out into the community, trying to help them be as independent as possible. A lot of times we end up grabbing some food. I've been doing this work for almost 4 years now. I've had a lot of things happen, but yesterday ... Yesterday, something happened that has never happened before ...


Poor guy ... That's him and his mom at the hospital. How did this happen!? Well you see, my little buddy here likes to use his hands to eat and we have been trying to get him to use utensils ... so at the restaurant yesterday, we were using our forks as microphones (he loves to sing Disney songs) ... we'd sing a bit, then eat a bit ... all was working famously ... until he got a little over excited singing 'be our guest' from 'beauty and the beast' ... before i knew it, the fork was all the way through his nose ... It was awful (but kind of funny!) ...

After a call to his mom, some time in the ER, my brave 'lil guy was back home and kind of proud of his new scar!













(just kidding).

3 comments:

Rich said...

just so you know, I once fell on a fork and had it impale my nose much the same way the little boy had.

I was made fun of for years because of it and had not a lot of fun during school. People called me orca because when I blew my nose it would come out the side.

Rich said...

(just kidding)

miranda said...

HAHA!! i believed you!