Friday, August 17, 2007

They Came!!!

So live in London and most of you wonderful people reading this live in Hamilton ... that sucks! Mostly because i rarely get the chance to have people over to MY house ... well finally the days have came!

Thursday, some great people came to london to enjoy one of Kevin's last meals in Canada ... At one of his most favourite places, Garlics of London. What's the food like you ask, well, here's a quote from one of my favourite food critics,

"The menu reflects the restaurant name. As we glance over the menu that is prominently displayed on the window, we see that many of the items feature different forms of garlic served in many creative ways ... Once seated, we get water, and a basket of bread with a side of lemon pecan butter. As we peruse the menu, we dig into the bread, and discover that the lemon pecan butter was very tasty!! What a great way to start a meal ... We order something that is similar to a Bruchetta, except instead of diced tomatoes and peppers, we get slices of pillowy soft french bread topped with whole roasted garlic cloves, and an assortment of roasted vegetables and grated cheese ... I get a fettuccine with a spicy oil based sauce with spinach, chicken, red peppers, and the all important garlic. What I loved about the dish was that the garlic was whole roasted cloves tossed in with the pasta, instead of being chopped up into tiny little pieces. The earthiness of the roasted garlic really complimented the sauce and the other ingredients ... For curiosity sake, we decide to look at the dessert menu. What I saw took me by surprise. I didn't think they could work garlic into a dessert item, but the menu said otherwise. One of their items was GARLIC ICE CREAM!!!!!!! When I saw this, I said 'That's it, I'm getting one' ... When the ice cream and coffee arrive, I take a small spoonful and begin to let the flavors attack my taste buds. At first, the sweetness of the French Vanilla ice cream wash over me, but out of nowhere, the sweet and aromatic goodness of the tiny chunks of garlic emerge, which sends me into this crazy frenzy of flavorful euphoria. I was absolutely stunned that garlic and ice cream could compliment each other ... The caramelization of the garlic unlocks its natural sweetness, but the sugar just kicks it up a notch.' What a way to end a fabulous meal!!"

That was long, but so worth it! (muhaha!)

It was super amazing to have friends in my temporary home town and even better to see a couple of them chilln' on my couches drinking some coffee!


THEN the fun didn't stop because after work on Friday, i had the pleasure of picking up an incredible woman who never ceases to inspire me when we chat! Her name is Erin Stanley. On top of that already-icing, as we arrive at my place, another gorgeous gem i know was waiting for us in the parking lot! I spent the whole weekend with these girls and man alive!! can we ever talk! we spent nearly every waking moment chatting - catching up and sharing thoughts, ideas, feelings, experiences, music, pictures and laughs. I am so blessed to know these girls. By just being themselves, they honestly encourage me to think different and want to be better. One of my most favourite things about them is their enthusiasm and cheer that they bring to every person in their path. They make every person they come in contact with smile and feel happiness. Wow.

(On her bus ride to London, Erin made us a scavenger hunt!!
Even though Rachel cheated, we still tied ... and we both
won a PINEAPPLE!! It doesn't get better than that!)

Dear Everyone reading this,
You are welcome here any any time

Sincerely,
Miranda

1 comment:

Kev Chen said...

BOOOOOO ON YOU!!!!!!!! I can't believe you ACTUALLY reposted my garlics post!! You smell like dirty corn hole.

Just kidding :)

Thanks for being a wonderful, wonderful host to Natasha and I. Even though it was for but a short while, and I managed to get a massive case of heart burn as a result, it was fabulous. Can't wait to drop by again sometime soon!!